An alternative solution?
- Traditional forms of water management rely on:
– Managing existing supplies more efficiently
– Large scale infrastructure to store (dams) and move water (pipelines / canals)
- These are all expensive and, with the exception of desalination (which is energy intensive and only applicable in certain locations), do not increase the supply
- The ideal scenario is to increase the actual supply of fresh water – i.e. increase rainfall
- Under the right meteorological conditions, WeatherTec™ offers the potential to increase rainfall and complement existing infrastructure
WeatherTec™ differs from traditional ways of managing water supplies